restricted bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restricted bombing

A friend of mine (really) claims you can only direct 4 air strikes against a city at a time. If you have more bombers they need to go find something else to bomb. This sounds a bit weird to me, and I can't find a mention of this in the manual; does anyone know anything about it?
    "...and if sometimes I can't seem to talk, know this blackboard lacks a piece of chalk."
    [www.gallowglass.ca]

I have not noticed this phenomenon.
    Friedrich Psitalon
    Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
    Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

I thought perhaps it was related to the defence value of the city. I notice in the manual, that a bomber will destroy city defenses to the tune of 15% a turn. Is it possible the city had a defense value of 60%, and he reduced it with the first four bombers to attack it leaving nothing for the remainder of his squadron?
      "...and if sometimes I can't seem to talk, know this blackboard lacks a piece of chalk."
      [www.gallowglass.ca]

Comment

I’ve had this happen as well. But it was not a four bombing mission limit. On some turns, I was “not allowed” to conduct a bombing mission on a city even once, although units in the field and improvements were fair game. I have no explanation as to why, but I had not considered the city defenses issue.
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

My pal is saying it was against a stack out in the open. After four kicks at the can, he couldn't bomb the stack with his other units in that turn.

I haven't seen this behaviour yet, but wondered if there were some rules governing bombing that I'm unaware of.
          [www.gallowglass.ca]

Comment

I also had one instance where I could not conduct a bombing mission on a single unit in the open, in my territory with either a fighter or a bomber. So there may be rules at play that I am missing.
            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I figured it out this weekend after an extensive bombing campaign against my enemies. Here's what i think the rule is, from this happening over and over to me:

- You can do the bombard city option on a city until it's defenses reach 0, then you can't do it anymore.

- You can do the bombard unit option on a unit until their strength is cut in half. For some reason you can't do it anymore. I.E, if a grenadier has a strength of 12, and he's sitting on a tile by himself, and you a bombing his unit, it won't let you do it after his strength is 6.

I may be wrong on these, and they don't make sense.

Comment

You can do the bombard unit option on a unit until their strength is cut in half. For some reason you can't do it anymore.
                Its to avoid Civ 3 style bombard them to death tactics which caused a lot of problems.
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

But does this rule apply to naval units, too? I hope not!
                  "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

you can rebase in another civ with open borders!!

thought I was not going to make it
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                    X