Possible workaround for animated leader bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible workaround for animated leader bug

Ok, there's this annoying bug that sometimes a foreign leader wants to talk to you the computer crashes. It seems that many of you are having that problem.

Here is a workaround that might help. I could play some time without crashing.

1) Search for the file Civ4Leaderheadshader.fx located in Civilization 4\Shaders\FXO
    2) Simply rename the file
    3) Play the game

Now, when talking to a leader, you don't see him, just his clothes. It's kind of stupid, but much better than a crash.
    In addtion I encountered some issues with some units not displayed correctle (eg. helicopters).

This is not a solution, but maybe the game becomes playable for some of you. Please report your experiences!

Thanks, I'll give this a try at lunch and report back.

Currently, the game is unplayable for me because of the diplomacy crashes, so I'm willing to sacrifice leader portraits if it means I can play.

Comment

I also ran into this problem. Thanks for the tip. I will try this tonight.

It seems especially likely to happen that the first couple turns after I reloaded. So now I changed my playing style, more like "ironman" mode now. My game was able to run 7 hours straight last night without crashing. The crash may have something to do with "cache" problem then.

Comment

It didn't work for me.

Although the floating, disembodied eyes and mouth were kinda cool for the couple of seconds before the game crashed.

Comment

same here, it didn't work for me.

Comment

Working...
          X