Louis Industrious and Creative?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis Industrious and Creative?!?

In the previews we have seen before Louis XIV was Organized and Creative, however I have just played Civ 4 and found him to be Industrious and Creative instead.

Wow, that's a really powerful combo for a culture builder.
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

And the German leader is philosophical and creative. Now that is awesome!
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
      And the German leader is philosophical and creative. Now that is awesome!
      I know, I am playing him.

Still, I think Creative and Industrious is even better (especially as France gets a Musketeer which is much more useful, imo, than the German Panzer).
      The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
      - Frank Herbert

Comment

That all depends if the German beelines for Combustion, and has a tech lead on the rest of the field..
        Friedrich Psitalon
        Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
        Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by Martinus

I know, I am playing him.

Still, I think Creative and Industrious is even better (especially as France gets a Musketeer which is much more useful, imo, than the German Panzer).
          I won my first civ4 game with Germany. I never got to use the Panzer, but you should have seen my culture and GP's I was making. wow!
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
            That all depends if the German beelines for Combustion, and has a tech lead on the rest of the field..
            Just got there in my second game - Panzers are rolling off the assembly lines! And Caesar was kind enough to back-stab me just as I started building my Panzers...
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I've found Catherine more efficient for a Cultural strat so far. Followed by Louis and then Frederick.

The added gold really helps propel you through the tech tree, getting you to the Wonders sooner anyway, and later on you can rush your improvement buildings quicker allowing you to have functioning/upgraded cities to start your wonders in. Philosophical is, IMO weaker than Industrious for Cultural strat, since beating Frederick players to wonder completion means more +GP points anyway (plus the other wonder bonuses).

As far as UUs go, I've found Cossack>Panzer>Musketeer. Of course, smart players will only start a war when they have a distinct war tech advantage anyway.

If you really want great people, go with the Industrious/Philosophical civ ... fast wonders with double GP points.... drool. Of course, no such civ exists ........... yet ........................
              "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
              -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

In the Earth-18 civs (by Rhye) game I am playing, Louis just took Berlin off of Freds hands. Both are AI, Noble difficulty, no aggression hike.

Paris is largest (20 pop), and it has 5 wonders. Most of my gold surpluses have come from Louis beating me to a wonder.

Comment

LOL

I'll admit, fighting Louis with Catherine is hard early on, but later in the game - Cossacks own the French army which will probably still be made up of musketeers which -although fast- can't cut it. Time to get those wonders the 'other' way

I also wanted to comment that I think Louis being Industrious instead of Organized makes much more sense - the infastructure he pioneered is immense. That and when we think Louis XIV, we think Versailles, and no two traits better describe that legacy than creative and industrious.
                  -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

Louis is a bit stronger in the hands of a human player, where you can promote those Musketeers with Woodsman 2 and really run riot pillaging in enemy empires.
                    Friedrich Psitalon
                    Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                    Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by ThaddeusAlexander
                      I've found Catherine more efficient for a Cultural strat so far. Followed by Louis and then Frederick.
                      I've found Catherine more efficient for a "Be the hottest leader in the game" strat so far. Followed by Isabella and then Elizabeth.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

I've found Catherine more efficient for a "Be the hottest leader in the game" strat so far. Followed by Isabella and then Elizabeth.
                        I find that you should get out more

Although i'm curious to see the whole slapping thing...
                        "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
                          Louis is a bit stronger in the hands of a human player, where you can promote those Musketeers with Woodsman 2 and really run riot pillaging in enemy empires.
                          TT first game with Louis, I couldn't bring myself to 'upgrade' them to rifles for just that reason (most had Guerilla II though, an obvious product of the landscape).

EDIT: LordShiva:
                          -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

Working...
                          X