Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 sec lag whenever trying to access advisors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sec lag whenever trying to access advisors?

For some strange reason, whenever I try and access most of the advisor screens (for instance the civics screen), the game will pause for about 2 seconds. Sure, its far from game-breaking, but since I want to quite regularily access the advisors, this delay is quite annoying. The same pause also happens just before a wonder movie or similar is being shown. The rest of the game flows pretty much smooth. Anyone has any clue as to what might cause this problem, and a potential fix?

I got an Intel Centrino 2.0ghz processor (equates to about 3.6ghz P4), 1256MB RAM and a Geforce 6800go ultra graphics card. Latest drivers and updates.

There's alot going on when contacting, a lot of memory that needs to relocated etc... not unexpected to see it last 2 seconds.

You have a pretty good set up apart from your processor which is too slow for your GFX card. I'm not saying you should upgrade but more often than not, you videocard is waiting on your CPU.
    Hence the two seconds.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Except if you read the part I wrote in the parantheses, it equates to about 3.6 ghz Pentium 4. Meaning it is actually a really fast processor, not a bottleneck. The ghz number doesn`t always say how fast a processor is. Conversely, if I had say I had a Celeron processor, then you could actually compare it to a poorer pentium 4 processor.

So any other takers?

Comment

Working...
      X