Cultural borders around conquered cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural borders around conquered cities

For some reason, I find that if the surrounding tile improvements of a newly conquered city is of the hamlet/village/town variety, they seem to take extremely long to switch ownership. Is this by design?

From my observation, the more developed the hamlet, the longer they take to switch.

In the current game I'm playing, I used a great artist to culture bomb a conquered Spanish city. There were 3 tiles of fully developed towns directly adjacent to the city and NONE OF THE TILES WITH TOWNS SWITCHED ownership!! The nearest enemy city was about 6 tiles away, while I myself had friendly cities closer than that (I'm also the current cultural leader in the game).

I understand that sometimes the cultural borders take time to change hands, but when I use a great artist I expect some significant results. As things stand, all I gained was stopping the rioting in that city and gaining about 2 enemy tiles.

Would it make a difference if I simply pillaged the improvements and started from scratch? It's a bit frustrating that I can't even get a tile right next to a city to switch with an instant 4000 pt culture bonus when the enemy don't have any of their cities within 6 tiles.
Working...
X