Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v1.0: Stability and balance

[Yoda]Patch you did not.[/Yoda]

Is it really stable and balanced enough to be fun even in version 1.0? Taking into account 1.0 versions of other games I expect v1.0 to be too buggy to be fun.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Its hit or miss. If your video card can handle it and there are no other hardware related issues, then its an incredibly fun game. If you do have the wrong video card, then it will be miserable, at least until a patch is out. Now what exactly is the wrong video card is a bigger question, though its only a minority who have had yet unsolvable issues.

Comment

(IMO) It's somewhat buggy, yes. But the bugs are mostly cosmetic and not gameplay. I, personally, don't care much for cosmetics (and the game has no technical problems on my machine except for the movies skip and are pretty much unviewable, and it blue-screened on me once, but that wasn't reproducible from the save), so it doesn't bother me one bit. Gameplay is pretty solid, I think, at least having played three SP games (not enough experience to know for sure, though).
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

These problems really shouldn't have happened.

Comment

Well, GTA:SA was giving me grief because I only met the minimum vid specs and so it was with cIV. I've ordered a beefed-up video card that surpasses both games' recommended specs. I'm fine on all the other specs.

As for CtDs I've only played on Huge maps and reportedly anything over Standard-sized will have slowdown/glitchy issues. The first patch should clear that up. Either way this game - even at v1.0 - is really going to interfere with other things in my life...
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

On stability:

My system has a hard time if I load a huge map, but playing isn't that big of a problem.

I do get some slowdown in video's but that's not the biggest issue..

and for videocard issues. I think most were gone when people reinstalled dx9c?

Comment

Working...
            X