Voiceovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voiceovers

First, I don't think I have been as excited about any videogame before, before and after purchase. After my dad introduced me to Civ 1, and those lovely icons I got civ 2 and to put it simply, LONG LIVE THE KING. Played SMAC and enjoyed it emencely too. I then got civ 3 but never really got into it, but so far i'm loving Civ 4.

Having said that I just have a small stupid thing that bothers me a bit and it concerns the voiceovers. Having Lenard Nemoy doing the voice overs is really cool, and said the lines from the original Civ 1 intro movie, I was SO stoked. THere's nothing wrong with his voice itself but after that when he quotes the little lines after each tech discovery, i find that it was kinda, how do you say it....lacking? First the quote for each tech are kinda short to begin with, and he doesn't say who wrote/said the quote like in SMAC after he's done. Maybe its just be but I liked how they did it in SMAC. ANyone else feel this way?

Yeah, SMAC was tons better. I'd also like more text describing the history of the advancement, but you can get that in the civlopedia I suppose.

Comment

Working...
    X