Trading Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Resources

In CIV IV, take note that you can trade a resource that you only have one of. However, that resource will not be available to you.

I had traded Copper to the Russians, in exchange for Aluminum. I only had 1 copper mine, and as a result, building SS parts were not halved for me.

Yes, this is friggin annoying and the game should at least have a pop up from your adviser if you try this.

Comment

If your on the main trade menu, there is a count of how many resources you have.

Now if the AI is proposing getting something you only have 1 of where you can't see how many you have; that's a problem.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Took me awhile to realize this.

Here I am thinking the trade table shows my excess resources. Ah, well - no I know for next time.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I've gotten into the habit of taking any proposed resource deal... saying "care to negotiate" (I think that's the option), removing the resource they wanted and checking the count.

So far, I've not noticed any negative diplomatic impact as a result.

Comment

Working...
          X