No announcement yet.

How is the AI overall???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once we get the SDK or maybe even before we can tweak the AI to better suit are needs.
    Realism and Extended Game play Mod Supporter.

Check it out over at www.civfanatics.com, under the Creation Forum.

Comment

Artillery is also used defensively, so I'm not sure how you don't see it on Emperor. If you put a stack next to a city to happily bombard away, the AI will build cats to attack you with, if there weren't present as mobile city defense to start with.

longbows supporting tanks: that can't be changed. AI will keep a treasury for upgrades, and use them well, however sometimes there simply is not enough cash... at war, older units get replaced by newer units, which will be very noticeable once a war is lagging, or troops come in from another war that just ended. It's just that upgrading longbows is costly business...

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by JakeCourtney
        Once we get the SDK or maybe even before we can tweak the AI to better suit are needs.
        Don't be surprised if most of what you do does not work out as you might expect, and you find that AI tweaking is a lot easier said than done.

DeepO

Comment

It uses artillery, just not well. Using it well means having lots and lots of it, CDing stacks into slivers of health left and right. (You know, they way you treat the AI with your own artillery.)

Occasionally managing to stack three cats due to dumb luck isn't using it well. Consistently moving around stacks of cats would be using it well.

If you didn't know if an opponent was human or AI controlled simply watching his use of artillery would probably be the single easiest way to become certain if we can only watch his warfare. (Otherwise watching worker micromanagement would probably be easiest.)

In general I use badly outdated troops I can't afford to upgrade, or who have reached dead ends, to pillage during wartime. With a bit of luck the opponent feels compelled to spend a round attacking my Cavalry with his Modern Armour. Or use his Marines to take out my Longbowmen... The AI uses them in his SODs. Where they do almost no good.

Comment

Change the AI priority on the units then and be done with the whining.

I'd also just lalow upgrades from cav to armor or whatever. That will help the AI considerably to retool.

Armor is sometimes known as cavalry.

Comment

Cavalry upgrades to gunships.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Uh... saywhat!?

LOL that is a HILARIOUS post to me for some reason... gunships!?!?

LOL.

Comment

Air Cav.... I get it.
                  I think they saw Apocolypse Now too many times.

Comment

I beat noble pretty easily but I also played civ3 a lot while not the same it helped. Of course there are quite a few more levels up on the difficulty ladder so I the AI can probably get quite difficult to beat with all the advantages/player handicaps.

There were a few instances where I had no defender in my capital and the AI could have moved their warrior a couple steps in and taken me out of the game but it didnt. So im not sure how smart the AI really is.

Comment

Early in the game it wont. But It is VERY difficult to keep minimal military and not get attacked, especially you have difference religions, etc. This is true even on chieftain (where I played my first game to get the feel for the interface).
                      Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
                      Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

Working...
                      X