question about complexity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about complexity

One of the problems I had with civ 3 is that every nation had the same SIMPLE units like infantry and tank. Is that still the case with civ 4?

Yeah, but its a little deeper now, for instance cavalry charges are not to be recommended against spearmen (kinda like Total War on a far more basic level).

I'm still concerned about charging tanks against spearmen though...
    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

And don't forget promotions...every unit can be slightly different or better at something

Comment

True!

But I still say, when a Civ comes out that gives you the option of proper Total War style battles (IF you want to use it), you'll have a true classic.

Of course, if Rome is anything to go by, you'll need a spicy machine to run it...

Comment

If anything we'll see the Total War franchise get more civ-like than the other way around.. Mainly because Total War's battles are already top-notch and don't have much else that can be improved in that sector.
          ~I like eggs.~

Comment

True, but I should also make clearer that if you play RTW only on the strategy map, whilst autoresolving the battles, you still have a better and more in depth game IMO than Civ3.

I dont know enough about Civ 4 to compare to RTW yet!

Comment

I would hate it if civ had TW style battles. The game would take forever.

Comment

Working...
              X