Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does CIV IV teaches us as applied to real life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does CIV IV teaches us as applied to real life?

1) The more wars you have the better you end up. (because of higher score)

2) You do not want to help other countries, unless asked, if you want to have good relations with everyone. More over, giving presents to other countries does not help you at all.

3) If you want to have advantage, you need to vote against advanced social choices in UN. (This will slow down their development)

4) Even thinking that different religions have different influence on society is not PC.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

“giving presents to other countries does not help you at all.”

You know what I did? I made really goof friends with 2 AI civs. I then agreed to have open borders with both of them. Next I just spam created missionaries, sent them into their land and gave them as a gift. This was the best and easiest way for me to spread my state religion. The AI would then take the missionaries and infect everyone that had open borders with. After not too long, I would make the request for that civ to change to my religion. This is great because then I don’t need to do open borders with anyone I don’t trust.

Nothing like denying open borders with an AI 10 times in a row, then finally giving in and saying yes. Just for the very next turn they declare war on you.

Lesson? Having someone else do your dirty work, is always better?

Comment

Either have someone else do your dirty work, or dont get caught.

"4) Even thinking that different religions have different influence on society is not PC." - True. All religeons breed fanatics, but you're not allowed to state that some breed an awful lot more then others.

Despite this being an unpleasant truth, you'll be censored.
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by lear
        You know what I did? I made really goof friends with 2 AI civs. I then agreed to have open borders with both of them. Next I just spam created missionaries, sent them into their land and gave them as a gift. This was the best and easiest way for me to spread my state religion. The AI would then take the missionaries and infect everyone that had open borders with. After not too long, I would make the request for that civ to change to my religion. This is great because then I don’t need to do open borders with anyone I don’t trust.
        This is nice trick. But I think it can work not only with good friends, but with anyone. Just give them missionaries and they will spread the word. Cool!
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
        X