Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA CTD problems FIXED

Folks:

I was getting errors in event viewer (go see this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums//showthre...29#post4098229)

Here's what I did. I was getting crashes frequently and frozen screens (requiring reboots).

The problem is that I don't know WHICH thing solved my problems. Here's the list:

1) turned off unit animations and everything else I could think of on video. I'm running it at 1280x1024 w/ 4x anti and high detail.

2) turned off movies.

3) uninstalled my logitech mouse software. In the event viewer, some of the errors referenced a file in the logitech package.

4) went back to nvidia 71.84 (none of the newer ones including the .87 beta helped).

So now it works. I just played two huge maps into the AD era. I suspect either 3 or 4 (above) did the trick.

Event viewer no longer shows anything.

sd

I'm geting CTD, but not freezes requiring reboot really. I also have Logitech software. I'd hate to have to loose my custom settings for my G5 laser mouse

Comment

Sorry Stormslayer. If I'm required to turn off unit animations, and turn off movies to play the game on my $100 video card, then that's unacceptable.

This may be a a 'Fix', but it is no way a Solution. (Thanks for all the investigation though). I may try the driver rollback alone and see what that does. (I already tried the Beta Driver).

Thanks
      Backpack
      ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Oh, I agree that this isn't a fix that we should have to employ. The game and the Q/A testing is really poor on the part of firaxis.

But, I can sorta play, which is a step.

sd

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm using the nVidia geforce 5600. Turned the graphics to medium, got the new drivers and last night was able to play the tutorial mode. Today NOTHING. Can't even get to a black terrain screen. It just will not complete loading to the start of a game.
          I have been searching other forums like Civfanatic but it apears to be a common problem. Anyone here have something figured out?
          Reward! Help me fix it and you get a ride in my Ferret! (a little tank, yes armored vehicle)

Comment

Try downloading and reinstalling directx directly from Microsoft's website. That helped with the problems I was having....and apparently there can be some issues with the directx that comes with the CD.

The game still crashes randomly for me, after a few hours of play on a normal map, but overall it is behaving fairly well.

-Drachasor
            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Drachasor
              Try downloading and reinstalling directx directly from Microsoft's website. That helped with the problems I was having....and apparently there can be some issues with the directx that comes with the CD.

-Drachasor
              That is absolutely incorrect!!!

You need!!! the DirectX file from the cd to make this game work. The one you get from MS is not the latest one.

More in particular, you this one: directD3DX9_26.DLL
              Rajahoki adalah situs daftar sastra game terlengkap abad ini yang memberikan kemenangan setiap harinya melalui permainan terbaik yang selalu update setiap harinya, dapatkan penawaran dengan harga terbaik hanya di rajahoki.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
              X