• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome!!

Here are my laptop's specs:

P3 1GHz
    512mb RAM
    32mb GeForce2 Go

So I finally got the game yesterday, and started installing it just before I went out for the night. I came home a couple hours later, pretty plastered, and fired up the game, pretty much expecting it to not work, BUT IT DID. All I had to do was disable the movies and bump the quality down to low. In fact, it works so well that I'm going to try in on medium next.

Might need to bump up the difficulty up beyond Noble, too. It's not good if you can found 3 religions, build a bunch of wonders uncontested, and conquer the other civ on your continent (Romans), as wussy-boy Gandhi, all while you're drunk.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Good news.
    The Sherrin Foundation
    Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Same for my Desktop,
      it works with an
      900 MHz AMD Thunderbird,
      512 MB RAM
      and Asus 7100 Graphics card (32 MB RAM, Geforce 2 MX Chip).

O.K.,
      it takes eternities to render the card after loading savegames
      and the intro movie "stutters" if I want to view it,
      but aside from these smalll annoyances the game runs remarkably stable
      (well, I had maybe 4 times where it was thrown back to the desktop or got a BSOD after the game wanted to display a wonder movie, but I assume that´s something you cannot avoid if you aree way below the minimum hardware specs [and it worked well, after I reloaded the savegames after the crashs])

I even have the feature activated where your unit consists of several men (instead of only one) without problems
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I had similar problems before I disabled videos (edit the ini file).
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
        X