Crashes and soundblaster 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes and soundblaster 5.1

Was having major problems with game crashing , and I did not have any trouble installing, it would crash after about 10 minutes and boot to windows. Reloaded drivers for ATI, no help. Finally reloaded SB drivers and was able to play for about 5 hours with no problems.

P4 1.8
    ATI video cord 128
    Sound blaster 5.1 Live

Hopes this helps others

SB Live 5.1 drivers are one of the first things to check. Its hard to count all the time my old Live card was responsible for game/system crashes.

Comment

Could some of you paste the link to the download place of the newest SB Live drivers please? It's difficult to find drivers for an old device. I've got exactly the same sound card and my system keeps crashing after 5 minutes of playing. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I used the drivers from the SB website . The file is number2 - Soundblaster live!-livedrvuni-pack(english) 23.32 MB 28 Feb 03 SBLW-XPWEB-W4-US. I did not use the patch which is number 1. Hope this helps.

Comment

I tested it and played for 15 mins without much of problems, eventhough it took me once to Windows and whined me something about ATI's VPU Recover after 5 minutes of playing.

But the most important thing is that it doesn't seem to crash my whole system anymore. This might be because I set VPU Recover on or the installation of the newest SB drivers helped me with this thing. Thanks for your effort.

Comment

Welcome to Creative Worldwide Support. Get technical help for your Creative products through Knowledgebase Solutions, firmware updates, driver downloads and more.

is the general site for updating sound card issues.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't think the sound drivers have really been updated beyond the previous downloads, they just put it in a different package.

The *.bik (movie) files are the ones that do not play correctly with the sound cutting in and out, and in Pirates they do!

Not much differerence with *.bik files between Pirates! (Nov. 2004) and Civ IV (Oct. 2005) I would suggest!

Anyway, that is what Creative said about the latest download of their patches, that it really will not do anything for a few years old Live! card.

And every other game I have plays fine, including Pirates! right out of the box!

I think Civ IV needs a patch!

Otherwise the other sounds in the game play fine!

But I may download them anyway, and need to just to store the drivers since they are different than what came on the original CD of the Drivers.

I have the latest drivers for my Live! card, and that was, well I guess, back in 2002, so the 2003 drivers are just the same thing except in a different named file folder!

Sound is sound, and everything else works with the sound.
              Except Civ IV and the movie *.bik files!
              Dirext X 7 sound card is the requirement for the game, and Live! is that for sure!

Comment

Working...
              X