Making city names viewable on the maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making city names viewable on the maps

Does anyone know if there's a way to make the city names viewable on the main map? I can never remember which is which...

In my game they are visible.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

hmmm...not on mine. Can't find an option to switch them on/off either, maybe it's just me. Thanks for the reply

Comment

I guess that's rather a bug, than a missing option, for instance on my computer the option screen doesn't come up with all the options.

-Martin

Comment

One of the icons in the bottom right corner allows for switching between "bare view" when no cities and units are showing and normal view. Maybe you clicked it by mistake?
          The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
          - Frank Herbert

Comment

I wish that there was a way to turn off the city names, not when looking at the map at normal size, but when zoomed out to view the entire world.

As it is, I zoom out and I see every city name, but this makes the map so crowded that I can't easily see anything else, like where my units are. I mean, I know that the unit icons are on top of the city names, but it's still too cluttered.
            The Electronic Hobbit

Comment

I managed to fix it - just needed to update my display drivers, the names are showing up fine now. My card is a GeForce FX5200 for interest. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Originally posted by meriadoc
                As it is, I zoom out and I see every city name, but this makes the map so crowded that I can't easily see anything else, like where my units are. I mean, I know that the unit icons are on top of the city names, but it's still too cluttered.
                If I remember correctly if I zoomed out wide enough they disappear. However I just did it once.

-Martin

Comment

I'll grant you that I may be wrong. I haven't played Civ 4 in a couple of weeks now since I decided that, while my existing video card could play the game, I really did need a better one.

But, that said, I'm pretty sure that when I zoom out to the globe view, the city names are still there, and obscuring everything else.
                  The Electronic Hobbit

Comment

I'll grant you that I may be wrong. I haven't played Civ 4 in a couple of weeks now since I decided that, while my existing video card could play the game, I really did need a better one.

But, that said, I'm pretty sure that when I zoom out to the globe view, the city names are still there, and obscuring everything else.
                    If I zoom out enough, the city names disappear.

Henri

Comment

Henri,

I don't know what you're doing, but no matter how far I zoom out, either using the mouse scroll wheel or the globe button on the minimap, the city names stay on my screen.

Who knows, though, maybe I'm missing something.
                      The Electronic Hobbit

Comment

Henri,

I don't know what you're doing, but no matter how far I zoom out, either using the mouse scroll wheel or the globe button on the minimap, the city names stay on my screen.

Who knows, though, maybe I'm missing something.
                        Maybe you haven't researched enough technologies yet to know that the world is a globe and thus can't zoom far enough?

Comment

That's a good idea, but unfortunately it's not the cause. I've researched everything, and I've zoomed out as far as possible, but the city names still are there. But thanks for the idea.
                          The Electronic Hobbit

Comment

Working...
                          X