After 2 days and 24HRS of Testing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 2 days and 24HRS of Testing!

I have found what I believe will trigger the crash to desktops! 1st I believe this may have something to do with the Unpak patch and the CD-ROM ANTI-PIRATE SOFTWARE! I also found that HUGE maps with lots of plot tiles and units will forsure crash the game when you curser run the mini-map from fatherest view everytime! Tested this on everymap type and only 1000ADEarth crashed 100% takes about 1min of scrolling the mini-map to do it! So I wonder if I create a Large Map and play until I have alot of units and scroll if it will crash again?? My 1st game was going great on HUGE map until I got all world map views so I could see 90% of the world and then clicked onto another continent and scrolled over to it and bam crash every time! I also had 18 Civs going and tons of units in play! This only seems to crash when I scroll on the Mini-Map! So it would seem their is maybe a bug or memory leak going on. Firaxis you can hire me if you like because your beta testers missed a BIG bug!

Anyways Im off to find more triggers and crashes and maybe fixes for this crap program that was rushed out the doors!

Civfreak1970

Dell System MB Dimension 4600
    P4-2.4Ghz 533Mhz
    ATI 9550 256Meg
    1Gig Ram DDR 3200
    OEM Augidty SB

I play every game under the sun and NO CRASHES!!!

Civ 4 = Crashes to desktop! Buggy Install!

I have Lastest Cert Drivers ALL! I even tried OMEGA ATI Drivers which I suggest over the 5.10 ATI ones! OMEGA Drivers are much better!!!

Bye..Wake up and give us some feedback Firaxis!

Civfreak1970,

Did you find any repeated errors or warnings in any of the .log files?

As I've said before, my crash leaves a fingerprint in the Windows event log, and it also shows the same errors/warnings in LSystem.log and audio.log. Does your crash result in similar repeated errors?

Comment

Same

I seem to have the same errors you do! I can only seem to make this crash on the Earth1000AD Map because it comes with tons of Plot Tiles and Units and Cities so it speeds up this crash! Im sure if I play a game long enough it will appear again! I have Rhyes new World Map and it doesnt crash so far..Even when I used Cheatmode and look at full map scrolling! So it must be Tiles+Civs+Units=Crash...Im also thinking from error logs AUX=Audio Bug? Maybe ATI also needs some better drivers? Also Copy Protection maybe also adding to problem from Disk Checks?

I sure hope they figure this out soon!

I guess I'll have to watch how big of maps I play on and how many Civs+Units for now! LOL

Civfreak1970...Out!

Comment

Working...
      X