The greatest game of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest game of all time?

Well I'm back to the apolyton forums after a long (very long) hiatus. I had actually left the original Civ line at the original Civ 2 and went the Civilization: Call to Power route. After that, drooled over Civ3 but stayed away from it.

Finally a couple of days back I found out that Civ 4 was out. and I looked at it.. . and I tried. I tried VERY hard to stay away.. I had to.. this game is more addictive than crack... but I couldn't. My will was not strong enough.. So I've just ordered my Civ 4 and it will be here in a week. Sob!

From what I can tell, Civ 4 is gonna be like the original (most addictive of the lot in my opinion) and I wont be able to tear myself away from it once I start.

I have two questions:

1) I have a reasonably fast system except from my vid card.
    P4 3.0Ghz, 1.5GB Ram, etc.. with a Radeo X300 with 128 MB hypermemory (ie. 32MB ram on the video card, and the rest is taken from system memory)

Will I need to buy a bigger badder video card?

2) Can the game be run in a windowed mode, or does it support the 1680x1050 widescreen format? I have a widescreen display and dont want a warped game image

Look forward to being back at the apolyton community again. See ya'all around!
    King Thor

2) The game can run in windowed mode. I'm not sure about non 4:3 resolutions.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Love this game, hmmm! Rest your system should be all right but Radeo X300 with 128 MB hypermemory not sure. I have Radeo Ati 9800 Pro 256 MB however, I'm not sure I need to upgrade my 1 GB RAM DiMM since I play huge map with max civ, when I change map view to glore or world in late game, it's lag little but not very much.

Comment

Re: The greatest game of all time?

Originally posted by King Thor
        The greatest game of all time?
        Yes.

Comment

Working...
        X