No announcement yet.

Which Civ, Leader and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best civ are those which start with a religious technology. So they can almost at once have 2 holy cities. But it is balanced with the sh*tty leaders - all the leaders of such civs are spiritual and this is the only completely useless trait in the game.
    The french have industrious/creative leader, but they start with stupid technology - the wheel. You cannot build mines and farms from the beginning and you cannot go to war with chariots in the beginning because with no mines and farms you cannot build an army before the enemy raise it's archers.
    Last edited by Handel; November 1, 2005, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sartaq
      No leader has creative/industrious combo so I'm going with Kublai Khan - creative/aggresive
      The french have such leader.

Comment

What I really wanted to see was a philosophic/industrious leader, but there aren't any.

Getting lots of wonders would get you lots of leader points, together with the philosophic bonus... you could really dominate. Maybe that's why they didn't make that combo, would be too powerful.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I like to kill barbarians and they like to kill me. I also like mountainous maps (Ice Age, Highlands) and there's lots of places for them and their (newfangled and darnfangled) cities to hide there. Genghis Khan fits me. The keshik comes early and is a great patrol unit even if you avoid great power war. Genghis' other traits, aggressive/expansive, seem to suit my style also. I suspect Kublai would suit me almost as well. I am experimenting with Que She Huang as I drag normally in the tech struggle and can't keep gold to save my life! (Art imitates life.)
          You will soon feel the wrath of my myriad swordsmen!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
            What I really wanted to see was a philosophic/industrious leader, but there aren't any.

Getting lots of wonders would get you lots of leader points, together with the philosophic bonus... you could really dominate. Maybe that's why they didn't make that combo, would be too powerful.

Yeah it probably would be pretty crazy.

I am tempted to try to mod this but feel like it might be like cheating.

Comment

that combo would be deadly. You would have to give the civ a naval or air UU to nerf it even slightly.

Comment

What's really cool is that there really is no agricultural trait in this game. no trait that is required for competitive playstyles.

Comment

Working...
                X