On-board sound vs soundcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-board sound vs soundcard

Just curious how many people having problems are using on-board sound vs a soundcard. I never seemed to have the problems I do with games these days before I installed my Audigy 2 ZS. When I get back from dinner tonight I will probably try to pull the card, and go back to ac97 and see what happens. Most likely the crash will still occur.
    I use on-board sound
    16.67%
    I use a soundcard.
    83.33%

I used to use a Soundblaster Live! but got extremely fed up with Creative's driver policy. Basically they don't ever release any driver updates to anything other than their "latest and greatest" card, in a thinly-veiled attempt to force everyone to upgrade. So my card - which was still perfectly fine - gradually became less and less compatible with everything I wanted to use it for.

So I switched to onboard sound. And it works fine. Creative get no more of my money, ever.

Comment

I have a SB Audigy 2 ZS as well, and I have to agree, SB is really bad at support.

I'm having issues with the game crashing to desktop.

More on Creative/Sound Blaster:
      I work as a designer for a semiconductor company, and it's been my experience that the system engineers at creative/sound-blaster, know next to nothing. I am very doubtful that I will buy a creative product again (save speakers, maybe; my Gigaworks 5.1 work well)

Comment

Working...
      X