No announcement yet.

What's the use of religion in the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the use of religion in the game?

In some posts there is a discussion about religion. But what is the use of religion in the game? All I can see is that you can build more "church" like buildings to make your people happy. So in order to get more people happy you have to have more religions in your city so you can build more "church"-buildings.

Is there any other use?

You build temples for happiness, monasteries for science, cathedrals for culture.

If you have the Holy City with a Shrine, you get money for all cities with that religion.

If you share religions with some other civ, your relations improve. Religions have various impacts on relationships.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      You build temples for happiness, monasteries for science, cathedrals for culture.

If you have the Holy City with a Shrine, you get money for all cities with that religion.

If you share religions with some other civ, your relations improve. Religions have various impacts on relationships.
      That middle point may be the biggest religion bonus in the game. In my current game, I am pulling in 66 gold a turn, and have science at 100%! The game year is only 1640, too. Actually, I have founded 3 religions in my empire, so I am getting money from three different religions due to my Great Person-contructed religious shrines.

Comment

I have had even 90 GPT from Shrines, controlling Holy Cities for four religions.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
        X