Cottages->towns to good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cottages->towns to good?

In the few games i've played i've noticed that the cottages->towns seem to be very powerfull.

The AI builds almost nothing except cottages to get more money, and my automated workers do the same. When using a non-automated worker, i can also see that the AI recommends building a lot of cottages.

Then as the game moves on and the cottages grow, i notice that i get an insane amount of money. I'm playing on noble, have a 90% tax rate and still rake in over 100gpt on 4 cities.

Doesn't seem right, does it? And as you get more technologies, the towns give you even more gold.

ANyone else made similar observations?

My solution would be to reduce each cottage->town improvement by -1 gold. So basically the cottage gives no gold and first needs to grow into a hamlet, where it will begin to give a 1 gold bonus.

I haven't tested it yet, but perhaps that will get the AI to diversify his improvements and do other things besides hoard gold.

That might be a good idea... what diff level you playing on though?

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad
      That might be a good idea... what diff level you playing on though?
      noble

Notice third paragraph second sentence

Comment

Pillage the cottages and then see how useful they are
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

If you weak cottage then A.I will build all farm then no cottage if they dont have gold to give, you see it's how A.I work, A.I will try to go best. P.S try play Deity. I dont think cottage is "overpower", it's just right, beside if you build too many coottage, few farm, then number of city low and you cant get great people faster.

Comment

Working...
          X