In-game Research tree incomplete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-game Research tree incomplete?

I think the in game tech tree may be unfinished.

If I click on a tech down the tree, the pre-req. techs that are auto selected are not all linked to the tech i'm going for.

For instance, the in game tree doesn't connect masonry as a pre-req. for monotheism, yet the print tree does.

I couldn't figure out why it was making me research masonry before mono.

This happens with other techs too.

Anyone else notice this?
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Look at the icon in the upper-right of Monotheism.

Comment

The lines in the ingame tree are for OR-requirements. And requirements are indicated by icons in the upper right corner.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Which is a bad design, imo. What's the point of laying out a nice visual overview of the tech progression & then making players memorize all the hard requirements & only visually representing the soft requirements?

Icons on the individual tech boxes are great, if you are looking at info on one tech at a time, but when I'm looking at the tree, I need to see the links between all the techs at once.

We have millions of colours available to us on screen, and lots of ways of drawing lines. Why not use one colour of line, solid for hard requirements, and a different colour line, dashed for soft requirements?

Comment

ZanThrax, agreed. It's possible with all the little lines all over that it would get confusing, but I still think I would prefer that.

Comment

They could use different colouring for the must-haves then for the may-haves.

I have been suprised several times already as well.
            Why do I need [tech] first while there's no line towards it.

The small icons aren't as clear as the lines.
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Mouseover works for the small icons. You just need to remember to mouseover the icons in the upper right to see what you REALLY need in addition to the "OR-requirements."
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
              X