Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade paths

Are the upgrade paths for units listed anywhere? Thanks

No, not in the manual, the foldout tree either. My guide has not come in yet so I am not sure about it.

Comment

I haven't actually tried upgrading anything, but I would imagine that a unit can only be upgraded to a similar type of unit. (First strike defenders, melee killers, city sackers.) Just a hunch, though.

Comment

I have just discovered the tech for axemen, but I can't upgrade my warrior.

The pedia says nothing about this, or it is buried somewhere that it is hard to find.

The upgrade button is grayed out, but is there. Not sure if a building is required or what...

My first thought was that I need a barracks ala civ3, but I have that and no dice.

Then again, this game has differed quite alot from civ3 so who knows what is required now...
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Do you have enough gold?

There's a promotion tree in the special edition foldout, I don't know if one exists elsewhere though.

Comment

argh!

It must have been that Trip...now I can do it..I didn't even realize I didn't have enough money! Didn't even notice..

I feel like a frickin' idiotic fish floppin' all over after being plucked from the lake...Even though upgrade cost is not new, I am kinda overwhelmed right now with the new rules and such, that the old rules are getting lost in the sauce...
            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

We all overlook something at some point in time.

Comment

Go to save game area. Look down and you will see the section for editing the game. Open it up and run your mouse over the bottom roll on the right and you will see unit edit. Open it up and the second screen will show all the upgrads for a single unit to be stronger.

To change a warrior to something else happen when you make the right discovery of a tech required for him. Click on your unit and if he can be upgrade to a axman, a picture of an axman will apear, click on it and your warrior is now an axman if you have enough gold.

Comment

would it be just aas easy on the main screen?

I found out you can upgrade your units and not be in a city either.
                  You do need to be in your border
                  and have the gold amount

As follows:
                  After discovering the tech for an upgrade, click on that unit.
                  You should see the icon for the upgrade
                  Click it, the cost for one is shown, if you hit ALT, all units of that type are done
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I think I figured it out, you can upgrade within the unit's class: melee, archer, gunpowder, etc.

You have to have the gold, and in some cases (like axeman) a special resource.

Comment

Yeah, once you can BUILD the new unit anywhere and its in the old unit's upgrade path, you can upgrade it with the required cash. Most follow the same unit class but sometimes you get to switch classes (like all melee and archer units get to eventually upgrade to gunpowder units). Its actually pretty cool if you can keep some old unit and upgrade it through the ages since you can then end up with, say, a gunpowder unit that has some melee unit promotions no currently manufactured gunpowder units would ever be eligible to get (like City Raider I-III).

Hey Trip, since upgrades now can happen anywhere, even in enemy territory, is the upgrade only available when the player's Capitol has access to the required resources or just as long as any one city in the player's empire can make the new unit?

Comment

Working...
                      X