Is there a Win XP user fix yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Win XP user fix yet?

So far Civ 4 seems to run pretty fine except for the fact that I have to create a new Windows XP account to run it.

I only have one user on Windows XP, so when I installed I got the problem some others are having when I went to run it after install, nothing happens. No loading, no nothing, just sits at desktop.

So after trying lots of stuff I created a new user after install and it runs fine, but only on the new 2nd user account, not the original.

What I noticed was that on the original theres no MY GAMES folder in the 1st accounts my documents, i tried copying over the 2nd accounts MY GAMES folder into the 1st accounts, and changing the locations of the shortcuts for like the civini file to look for the 1st accounts my games directory, still cant get the first account to load civ 4.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? Game seems to run fine (the 5 minutes I've gotten to play compared to the 6 hours getting it to work), but I really dont want to have to log off and log in to a 2nd windows xp account just to play a game.

Thanks for the help in advance.

System specs:

Pentium 4 2.8ghz
    Windows XP SP2
    ATI RADEON 9800pro
    1.5gb RAM
    Creative Audigy2
Working...
X