Optimizing the .ini file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimizing the .ini file

I'd like to edit the .ini file to optimize performance on my low end computer since the gameplay is kind of slow right now. I'm not sure what some of the settings do though.

Could someone please post the 'perfect' .ini file for low end computers?

thanks

I too am interested in the .ini file settings, but mainly things like what does one type in the .ini file to force the game to keep the same resolution as my desktop. I can't seem to remember what it is...I want to say: KeepRes=1 ... but I'm not sure. Anybody know?

Comment

If you take a look at it, it will even tell what everything does and how to change it.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You're looking for
        ;
        ScreenHeight = 0

; Custom Screen Resolution, ex: 1200x1200 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when both values are set to 0
        ScreenWidth = 0
        If your windows screen resolution is set to say, 1280x1024 (WidthxHeight), then you would put

;
        ScreenHeight = 1024

; Custom Screen Resolution, ex: 1200x1200 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when both values are set to 0
        ScreenWidth = 1280
        I was having the ATI renderer problem and had 1280x1024 fixed in the ini before I got it working. When I did get it working, it was in 1280x1024, just the way I like it.

Comment

Ah...I guess it would have helped if I actually "looked" at the .ini file before posting the question.

Thanks Alva and BleckLord!

It's nice that Firaxis annoted the .ini file this time.

Comment

Working...
          X