How to name landmarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to name landmarks?

AFAIR it was told that in CIV you would be able to name Landmarks.
    But the only place where I found a feature like this to date is within the world builder.
    Isn´t there a way to name landmarks within the game (i.e. like you could do in SMAC) without starting the world builder ?

Another question:
    Solver showed Screenshots where you could paint onto the world map (in Multiplayer)
    Is this also possible in Single Player?

(and of course most important: if these 2 things are possible in single player, how can I do it? )
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

To enter globe view, you need to press the button right below your score, or zoom out until you see the clouds appearing. This will change the icons on top of your minimap with all kind of global information. One of those icons is 'new sign' which will let you put down a sign, also viewable once you zoom in.

You can also draw lines, very useful to plan out your cities in the beginning: once you explored a little, zoom out, plan your cities, and draw little crosses or circles on the map. Then you don't have to remember wher your settlers needed to go to, they just have to find the X

DeepO

Comment

Thanks,
      that was exactly what I was looking for.

Now, at last, I am able to name all the nice terrain features on the map
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
      X