Chain farms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain farms?

According to the manual now that I have civil service I can chain farms, but I can't. No option for a farm in a tile next to another farm. Is there prohibited terrain?
    Last edited by DrrD; October 29, 2005, 14:09.

Hehe, this one could be fun.

Is the original farm still connected to a fresh water resource?

Can't build them on desserts and such if it's that what you mean.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Farms can be built on grassland, plains and flood plains. They can also always be built on strategic resources but there they do to not provide irrigation, so then they can't be 'chained' unless they're 'chained' to a Fresh Water source.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

That's it then. Makes it hard to chain them, I remember in Civ 2 you could chain them anywhere.

Thanks.

Comment

Can you build farms in the desert next to an oasis?

It shows as fresh water.

Comment

The only things you can build on a resourceless desert tile are roads and railroads.
            "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by clarkcd
              The only things you can build on a resourceless desert tile are roads and railroads.
              Hrm, this reminds me... Can you build farms on tundra? I was about to start a new game, but when I saw that I started near tundra, I wanted to make sure you could farm before continuing.

Comment

You can build farms on tundra that are next to fresh water. Non-fresh water tundra can't be irrigated.

You do get some decent production later in the game if those tiles are forrested and you throw up some lumber mills though.
                "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X