Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are threads on the many defective special edition CDs forbidden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are threads on the many defective special edition CDs forbidden?

I got a feature transfer error message C++ runtime libraries) when trying to install my bonus edition.

When I searched there was a lot of info on system or component problems but not alot on defective discs. I got a reply to my earlier post suggesting my disc was defective (which I already suspected) and told me to look for a melted spot on the rim. I had not previously checked mine, but when I did, I found I had one also.

When I returned mine to EB Games, the manager said it was a known problem and that all the bonus editions picked up at her store had the same problem.

Of course EBGames did not have any bonus editions left so at first they told me I was SOL. However, I suggested that I would just buy the regular edition and swap the dics and then return the regular edition with the bad one from my bonus one, she allowed me to just swap the discs.

But if the problem is that well known, why isn't there a sticky for it?

Not forbidden, just not much point posting about it except to blow off steam on day 1 when you could not get a repacement disk till day 3. There is no tech fix for a bad cd except disk replacement. EB was fun to deal with, depending on who you talked to you could be told they would only exchange for a special edition, most likley to delay the flood of exchanges, but people who did not like that answer were guickly given the disks from the non special edition.

But there should be a sticky saying something like if you get a cab3 data error you have a defective product please return for exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat
      Not forbidden, just not much point posting about it except to blow off steam...There is no tech fix for a bad cd except disk replacement.

But there should be a sticky saying something like if you get a cab3 data error you have a defective product please return for exchange.
      Bump.
      I have this too, very frustrating. Some "special edition" LOL! I got the game from amazon. Guess I'll pick up the regular box from BestBuy or something.

Comment

Working...
      X