Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game dumps on HUGE maps exposed 9550 Confirmed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game dumps on HUGE maps exposed 9550 Confirmed!

Okay..I have reproduced this problem several ways and different times. I too also started with the cant intialize bug!!!(SHAME ON YOU SID!))

Okay I load up say a random HUGE or CUSTOM map and doesnt matter how many civs..You can even play for a few hrs...Unless you trade World Maps with the other Civs and then the crash will happen! You get the freeze for 30secs-1.5mins and then dumps you to desktop. To confirm this bug all you have to do is load up any HUGE map and goto World Builder and scroll around on it for a min or 2 and BAM crash to desktop again!

I HAVE ZERO PROBLEMS with ALL other games! Also I've worked on drivers and computer hardware for years so Im not some stupid idoit either SID!

2.4Ghz
    1 Gig Ram
    40 Gig Hraddrive 2MB 7200RPM
    9550 ATI With proper Drivers and DX(ALSO Did you unpak crap!!)

Should I go on?? "I have no problems with ANY other game except your Civ4!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fire your BETA TESTERS!!!

Civfreak1970 ... Very Pissed off!

Standard Maps seem fine!

Well I cant or havent been able to get it to dump on standard maps! It seems to be a HUGE map bug. I guess I will work on the Large maps now?! Do I get paid for this?

Something to think about...MEMORY LEAK!!! I have a gut fealing that this game is buggy and has a MEMORY LEAK!

Later

Civfreak1970

PS. Goodluck to all the other unpaided Beta Testers!

Comment

None of the beta testers were paid, afaik.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i too have had many crashes and noticed bugs.
        very long load times for the menus
        some options will turn themselves on (ie keypad help)
        sound is choppy in the wonder movies
        got an error that i ran out of virtual memory even with it set to 800mb
        i got the world editor crash but it hung up on me for 10min before i had to manualy reboot
        the mouse-over descriptions and menu scroll will just stop and then start again after 10-15mins
        on 2 occations war was declared on another civ without my concent, my civ just declared war on another civ on its own

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+ 2.1 GHz
        512 MB
        20 GB hd(windows), 40 GB hd(civ 4), 30GB hd(virtual memory)
        sapphire radeon 9600 256mb agpx8 (i had to do that unpak crap too)
        nvidia nforce audio

altho this wont stop me from playing this game (ive been playing since thurs day nite with 4-6 hours sleep and took thurs & friday off work just to play it lol) it is really irritating, and hopefully we'll have a patch in a few days, tho you shouldnt have to patch a game 3 days after you get it.

also the mech infantry firing animation sucks. it looks like lightsabers from starwars flying thrugh the air, and on top of that the ememy units fall before it even gets near them!
        also the machine gun should be called an anti-seige weapon since it cant attack

and finally why do you get the great american land mark mount rushmore with facisum?

Comment

I can answer that last one Building great landmarks with the leader's appearance is quite appropriate for fascism, and one of the more defining aspects of fascism @ 1930s-1940s. Personality cults and thus leader monuments were common.

Also, it's appropriate to the time period in history. Look at other wonders; many other wonders, resources, etc. aren't in any meaningful way enabled by the specific technology that 'enables' them, but instead are coincidental. Oil and the Scientific Method have no real connection, other than time; what does Radio have to do with the building of the Eiffel Tower, other than era; or Scotland Yard with Communism, for that matter?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by cribgod

also the mech infantry firing animation sucks.
            I assume those graphics are suppose to be tracer rounds. in every cartridge, the 5th round is a tracer round and glows at night. IF you ever watch the History, Discovery or Military channels, you wil lregularly see war footage where some of the fire almost looks like laser blasts. Those are tracer rounds. They are suppose to help you zero in on a target.

And my game also crashes on large and huge maps.

AMD 64 3200+ with 1gb of ram and a Radeon x800 vid card.
            [END OF LINE...]

Comment

Thank you!

Its kinda of funny the Civ team comes in here telling evryone to check thier drivers ect! Did they ven check to test this crappy game? I love Civ 1-3 but Civ 4 is 1 day away from teh trash bin!

Looks as Civ people arent psoting anymore do to the fact they are totally embarressed about this thing they call a game!?

Civfreak1970

Comment

Originally posted by M Bison

I assume those graphics are suppose to be tracer rounds. in every cartridge, the 5th round is a tracer round and glows at night. IF you ever watch the History, Discovery or Military channels, you wil lregularly see war footage where some of the fire almost looks like laser blasts. Those are tracer rounds. They are suppose to help you zero in on a target.
                ya i know about the magnesium tipped tracer rounds, however i dont think that they travel slower than an arrow. if they are going to put them in there they should be a realistic speed.

Comment

Working...
                X