Diplomacy: Bug or WAD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy: Bug or WAD ?

Quick summary: I (americans) was in a war with the romans who sneak attacked me. After defeating the sneak attack ceasar wants peace and gives me all his cities (not outright, but i could add every single one to the table), except his capital.

The Story:

Map is Duell with 3 players on noble setting. Me and romans on one continent with no contact to the third guy. My military wasn't the best. It was outdated and i didn't have many units. Romans were quite well equipped.

Anyhow - romans sneak attacked me with roughly 10 units. Situation didn't look good, but i managed to pull it off with some nice tactics (like putting a woodmans II Axe into a forest and let him die with 3 roman legionars).

Anyhow... The romans pillaged the country side pretty good as i built up a few units to crush them. ONce they were crushed i took 4 units (catapult, horse archer, elephant & mace) into their territory next to a small city defended by 2 weak units.

Suddenly Rome wants peace. First he offers me 30 gold. I noticed something i've haven't noticed before - the cities weren't "red". So i added every single one and asked him if the deal was good. He accepted.

Odd, i thought. Since i took over all his cities, his garrison units moved outside the boarder (due to peace). I count a total of 11 good units that were spread out over 4 cities. That makes 2-3 a city before i signed peace.

3 of the cities aren't really worth talking about, but this one had 3 world wonders in it + it was a holy city.

Now lets consider the negiation table. What was Ceasar thinking? Was he Drunk (my guess)? Surely if my military was far better than his, such a diplomatic action may be appropriate, but i don't think in this particular case it was reasonable.

So.. do you all think its a bug or Working As Designed (WAD)?

Looks like a flaw in the ai. Even though he'd have lost any of the cities to your current force, you'd have been weakened and needed time to heal, so he could have built some more units, and maybe get some out of his capital?
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I already reported this in the bug thread, it is really nasty...
      "

Comment

Working...
      X