Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Geforce 420go now works with no black terrain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Geforce 420go now works with no black terrain!

Woo-hoo!

One of these threads recommended this site for laptop drivers for the Geforce 420go. This was the first time I ever heard of this. The only drivers I could use were the Toshiba drivers from 2002. Anyway, if you follow the instructions on the site (check the FAQs), this might work for you.

I have a Toshiba laptop (Satellite 2435-S255), and when I updated the driver, Civ 4 now runs on the low settings with no black terrain or Cheshire cat smiles! I hope this helps someone. Good luck!

Will it only work for Toshiba and nVidia? I have a Compact Presario but dont know what video card I am using... yet I am expirenceing the very same problems..
    Last edited by ElConejo; October 29, 2005, 03:25.
    Siga El Conejo Blanco
    Dios, patria y libertad - Ecuadorian motto
    | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

I say make a restore point a give it a try..if it doesn't revert back to where you came from.

Maybe your Compac has some newer drivers waiting for you too!!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

How do I figure out which graphics card I am using? I want to know so that I may go to its site to see if they have any updates..
        Siga El Conejo Blanco
        | NationStates Roleplayer: The Honor Guard | Check out my Civ4 'friendly game' of MP: A Few Good Leaders |

Comment

One way to see what card (or integrated video) you have is to go to Start, then click on Control Panel, then double-click on Display, then click on the Settings tab (or Advanced button). The solution that worked for me works for Geforce 2Go cards for laptops.

Comment

Darrell999, exactly which driver version did you download? I'm using a Toshiba Satellite 2410 with driver 45.19 currently.

Comment

I tried update my GeForce4 460 Go with what appeared to be the right one 44.68 (heh, even lower than ketsugi's 45.19 that doesn't work). No luck....back to 36.39
              .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

I've updated to 58.21, but now I get this weird screen resolution (969x768). And trying to load Civ4 gets me the "Failed to initialise renderer" error.

And 82.10 gave me BSOD on startup.

Btw I've got a Geforce4 420 Go too.
                Last edited by ketsugi; October 29, 2005, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by ketsugi
                  Darrell999, exactly which driver version did you download? I'm using a Toshiba Satellite 2410 with driver 45.19 currently.
                  I downloaded the most recent one--81.87.

Comment

The program won't let me upgrade to that. It tells me that there are no drivers compatible with my hardware.
                    .......shhhhhh......I'm lurking.......proud to have been stuck at settler for six years.......

Comment

REMEMBER guys, on laptop2go, you have to replace the INF file in the folder with the one on the site. Without it the driver won't work.

edit: Btw, on the forums it seems some are having problems with 82.10. I'd recommend 81.87 for now.
                      Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; October 29, 2005, 11:40.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by AoA
                        The program won't let me upgrade to that. It tells me that there are no drivers compatible with my hardware.
                        You have to do it manually (have disk). Read the FAQs on the site.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You have to do it manually (have disk). Read the FAQs on the site.
                          And... how exactly do you do that if I may inquire?
                          Siga El Conejo Blanco

Comment

Originally posted by ElConejo

And... how exactly do you do that if I may inquire?
                            click here for detailed instructions. Also notice the video example at the top. Also, browse through the FAQs on that discussion board.

Comment

Working...
                            X