CTD after an hour or two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD after an hour or two

This is not a complaint or whine. I honest just want to know if anyone else has had a problem with Crash To Desktop after playing for a few hours.

If'n I were to guess, I would say it is an audio problem. Not sure tho. The PC operates fine after the CTD, and I can even restart Civ and play some more.

System Specs are pretty standard:
    P4 2.8ghz
    1gb RAM
    Radeon 9550 (yes, I did have the render issue, and the fix fixed it)

This is not the end of the world, as the only cost is having to save every turn to get back to where I was.

Thanks in advance, and thank to 2k and Firaxis for a great game.

Yes, I'm seeing the same problem. Has happened in the last 3 games that I started. Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to get it to auto save every 2 or 3 turns until this is fixed.

Comment

I think its on HUGE maps only!

Memory Leak!!! ALERT!!!

This game is bug city! It seems to work on standard maps and below but forsure crashes on Huge maps! Can some verify for Large?

Civfreak1970

PS. I also have 9550..Very tired so forgive me attitude!

Comment

Re: I think its on HUGE maps only!

Originally posted by Civfreak1970
        Memory Leak!!! ALERT!!!

This game is bug city! It seems to work on standard maps and below but forsure crashes on Huge maps! Can some verify for Large?

Civfreak1970

PS. I also have 9550..Very tired so forgive me attitude!
        Lucky you, I have to go below standard to get it to work at all. I think different computers with our problems will be able to access different maps.

Memory Leak...

Comment

Justice and Truth!

Bumping for Justice and Truth!

Comment

I think the memory leak may be related to the crashes and slowdowns people say are triggered by the diplomacy screen.

Comment

Working...
            X