Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressing install lauches ATI Catalyst Control install???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressing install lauches ATI Catalyst Control install???!!!

Hi

I wish I could get the to point of even having graphics renderer problems.

When I insert my CD or run autorun, the initial Civ IV splash screen comes up. However, when I then press install, an installshield for ATI Catalyst Control Center comes up!

I've tried:
    - uninstalling ATI Catylst Control Center
    - going through with the stupid install
    - upgrading to latest Radeon drivers

...to no avail. I just can't get it to install - just launches into this daft attempt to install something completely different.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

I had the same problem until I uninstalled my video and sound drivers, then reinstalled them. However, you don't need to deal with that. Just open the CD manually (my computer, right click on the CD drive, select explore). Then double click on the setup file to install the program.

Sensaround

Comment

I had the same issue. Everytime I clicked install the ATI installer would come up. I would run through the install and when it would finish nothing happened, the Civ IV installer would not start.

I resolved the problem by running setup.exe directly from the install CD (double click on it). I didn't need to uninstall my drivers as sensaround did. I'm not at home but if I recall the autorun ini file on the CD launches an autorun.exe file (not sure of the correct executable name) and that might be causing the problem where it's not running setup.exe after execution.

After running setup.exe the install ran with no problems.

Comment

Working...
      X