Wonder Movies - crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Movies - crash

Any time a wonder or religion movie opens, I have a 25% chance of the game crashing. I'm running the game on a computer that meets the bare minimum requirements. I have an NVidia Geforce 2 Go video card. I'd like a better solution, but at the moment I'd settle for a way to turn off the wonder movies. I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

Thank you to anyone with suggestions.

Not sure if this applies (haven't got ahold of a PC with Civ4 on it right now to make sure), but try renaming or removing the movies folder within the CivilizationIV\Assets\Art directory. I found that in a fix for another problem, this folder might have the wonder/religion movies in it. Once again, not sure, as I am NOT at a Civ4 computer right now to confirm. I do know that doing without that folder will work, it just pops up an error with ok button for every movie that it tries to play (only confirmed with two intro videos)

Comment

The same thing happened to me. Game was running fine until I built Stonehinge, then....it paused...

Said: Waiting for other civs to finish their turn...

Then the window for the wonder movie opened...

Then, the entire game disappeared and I was back to my desktop with no signs that it was running. It just shut down and went away on its own.

I do hope someone out there has an idea of how to fix this. Until they do, the game is unplayable.
      My most wanted Civ III civ which was missing from Civ II: the ARABS!

Comment

Not a real solution but at least it won't crash because of the movies:

go to your .INI file (located \MyDocuments\MyGames\CivIV\INI

And set:
        NoMovies = 0
        to
        NoMovies = 1

IIRC it's somewhere at the bottom.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thanks. I did that.

But, I just updated my GeForce 5200 driver and now the movies play without crashing!
          My most wanted Civ III civ which was missing from Civ II: the ARABS!

Comment

Working...
          X