Burn Pisae Burn! Or not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn Pisae Burn! Or not...

Long story short, tiny roman city (Pisae) culture flipped to me. location stinks, wanna move it one spot south so I start looking for the RAZE button... cant find!
    I know I can raze conquered cities, but what about my own? I have an urgent need to put my own citizens to the death or at least out of their homes.

Seriously, this is very important. I am a perfectionist. I cant accept AI's crappy placement if it cultureflips. Please tell me I can wreck my cities, and how.

Overall, nice game. But there are a few things that are a little un-userfriendly. Lots of nice links in the tech tree and civilopedia, but they're not really links, just underlined names. At least I know what to look for in the civilopedia.

Also the game seems to progress a wee bit too fast. I hardly have time to upgrade my units before new ones are available, maybe noble is too easy for me... or maybe I research too much and fight too little...

Regardless, how do I torch Pisae?
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

I hope they bring back the "abandon city" feature in a patch.

Until then, you can't.

Best thing to do is 'gift' it back to the romans or some other civ you hate. The further away it is, the more they'll pay on maintnence.

Comment

Plus you can raze it if it's the AI city and you don't mind going to war.

Comment

soo, I have to give away my city to another civ, declare war on them, retake the city, burn it and hope that my neighbour has no hard feelings
        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Perhaps this is because the whole "raze your own city" bit was a bit gamey and exploitish. There aren't many examples in history of a civilization ruthlessly slaughtering their own people by the hundreds of thousands.... just so they can re-set the town up about 20 miles south of that spot. Raze a conquered land? Sure. Up one day and decide to level Orlando? Not so much.
          Friedrich Psitalon
          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

That, or be less anal and accept that the world is not perfect.

Play the hand that the game deals you!
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
              soo, I have to give away my city to another civ, declare war on them, retake the city, burn it and hope that my neighbour has no hard feelings
              Now that really gave me a good chuckle!

Actually I laugh every time I reread it!

Comment

By removing one "gamey" feature players now resort to giving cities away just to retake and burn them... No, that's not "gamey" at all...

Forced resettlement does happen in the real world btw.
                "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
                  Perhaps this is because the whole "raze your own city" bit was a bit gamey and exploitish. There aren't many examples in history of a civilization ruthlessly slaughtering their own people by the hundreds of thousands.... just so they can re-set the town up about 20 miles south of that spot. Raze a conquered land? Sure. Up one day and decide to level Orlando? Not so much.

It could also be made so that you can only raze a city if its below a certain population level.

So first we starve it to death, then raze it

Comment

Working...
                  X