How do you delete a city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you delete a city?

I may just be missing the boat, but I can't figure out how I destroy a city I no longer want. In C3, it was simply *right click* *delete*. I've looked all over the place, and I may just be missing it.

Don't know the answer, but I really miss the *right click* I am right clicking all the time on my cities or unit stacks and send innocent units, who's only fault is that they were selected, in the other end of my empire.

Probably the most annoying thing I encountered until now in civ4.
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

You can't destroy a city that way. You will get an option when you conquer one but right clicking destroy city anymore.

Tibi: go to the options screen and choose right-click, things will be more or less the same as it was with Civ3.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

wow, thanks, I haven't noticed that option!
        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
        --George Bernard Shaw
        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
        --Woody Allen

Comment

Yeah, I am having right click woes, as well. I loved the right click and shift-right click. Not really sure why that was abandoned, considering it was one of the best mouse features in the game.

I did use the right enabler from the options menu, but it's really not very useful compared to C3.

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by alva
            You can't destroy a city that way. You will get an option when you conquer one but right clicking destroy city anymore.
            Wow, that seems insane that you can't destroy cities. I'm not trying to destroy a city I conquered, I'm only trying to destroy a city I created that I no longer have a use for.

Comment

Originally posted by crappy

Wow, that seems insane that you can't destroy cities. I'm not trying to destroy a city I conquered, I'm only trying to destroy a city I created that I no longer have a use for.
              Yeah, because in human history, empires burned their cities to the ground all the time!
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think it was done to try and elimate exploits (think: Ralphing, not really an exploit but...)
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Inverse Icarus Yeah, because in human history, empires burned their cities to the ground all the time!
                  I'm not sure why you're trying to interpose this point that has pretty much nothing at all to do with the question in the context of the game. So, whatever.
                  Last edited by crappy; October 29, 2005, 00:22.

Comment

cities were rarely burned by their own rulers, however it did happen, usually because of riots and such, for example jerusalem was laid to waste by the romans and the temple destroyed cause the jews were being difficult.

also, cities have been abandoned several times during history for various reasons. and scorched earth is also a historical fact. point is, dont come claiming things that arent true. empires have in the past destroyed, moved or abandoned cities for various reasons.

furthermore, ingame theres no real reason for not allowing it? just make it a lengthy process, like it will take 2 turns per pop or something... seriously, I am a despotic ruler, why cant I order my people to leave that godforsaken city!?
                    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

So there is no way to destroy a city you misplaced?

Comment

Well, you can open the world builder and just delete the offending city...
                        "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Originally posted by Akaoz
                          Well, you can open the world builder and just delete the offending city...

anything (AI) troubles within the game?
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                          X