State Religion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Religion

Whew thanks goodiness the rendering issue has been resolved for me........so on to my first game.....

Just became the first civ to discover Judaism ..so how do I make it the state religion??????????

thanks in advance
    It is well that war is so
    terrible, else we should grow too fond of it.”. R.E. Lee 1863

Yeah I know this is a stupid question ... but I have ask again.........How do you establish the State Religion?

The manual that you can select a state religion but not how.

thanks in advance

Comment

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to the answers as well.

Comment

If you founded the Religion, you should get a popup saying: "Congrats, you have founded Judaism! Would you like to convert to this new creed?".

Say yes, and after a 1-turn period of Anarchy your State Religion (SR) should be Judaism (or whatever).

A similar popup appears when a foreign Religion spreads to one of your cities.

Alternatively, you can just go to the Religion Advisor and select your SR from there.

Buttons for the Advisors can be found on the top right hand side of the main interface. They're also bound to the F-keys, I'm just not such which it is for Religion.

Remember that you cannot convert to a Religion that is not present in any of your cities, and you can always convert to "No State Religion".
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Dominae to the rescue.

Comment

Also in the bottom right corner the games shows the current score for all known players, there should be an icon for their "state religon". Plus, in the upper right corner click the religon icon (hands in prayer, as I see it) and the state religon is circled in yellow. If you have the religon in at least one of your cities I believe you can "convert" by clicking the religon icon on this screen.

Comment

I thought only the civ that discovers the tech for the religion first can actually make it their state religion..

if you get the tech 2nd or later, then I thought you could still have your cities adopt it, but not as the state religion of your civ.

am i wrong?
              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Here's how it works.
                If you DON'T have a state religion and discover a new one, you get a popup asking if you wish to estabilish it.

And if you DON'T have a state relgion [and also don't have the freedom of religion civic], then every time any religion spreads, your asked if you wish to establish it.

But once you have established a state relgion, you can found as many more religions as you like and not get any popups.

If you do wish to switch relgions, [or just get a summary of what religions are most popular within your empires] just click on the praying hands icon.

Also if you want to switch to a religion someone else is a founder of and it's spread to your capital and at least one of you has techs allowing either techs or cash to be traded plus the tech allowing convert religion deals, you might see if they'll pay you a tech or 100 gold to switch to their religion.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The religion advisor is useful, people .

If an icon of a religion is in a yellow box, that's your current state religion. If the icon is gray, you can not convert to that religion, if colored, you can.

If you mouseover a religion icon, the list of cities will update to show you the bonuses if you converted to that religion.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!

great advice..

Comment

Btw, have you experienced that the AI spreads your religion when it adopts it? I've had a game where the AI didn't spread it much, despite choosing it for state religion. It was me who had to transport missionaries to it to spread it to all its cities.

Comment

From what I can tell - it travels along trade routes. If there isn't a trade route to the city there's no way for it to spread. If there is, it will (eventually)

NOTE: This really only gets noticed when you are running under the Organized Religion (I think - the one that does not allow spreading non-state religions). If you are under that civc, and trade isn't flowing evenly among all your cities, you'll note one set with, one without.

hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                          Btw, have you experienced that the AI spreads your religion when it adopts it? I've had a game where the AI didn't spread it much, despite choosing it for state religion. It was me who had to transport missionaries to it to spread it to all its cities.
                          One of the issues here is that some AIs will favour organized religion, others won't. That civic let's you build missionaries without monasteries, making them very more likely to be built by humans and AIs alike.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                          X