how to disable "smooth-scrolling" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to disable "smooth-scrolling" ?

At the moment, when you look around the map or center on a different unit, the camera does a sort of smooth-scroll over there.

I'd like to disable this smooth-scroll: make the camera jump there instantly. This'd make the game more responsive on my slow system.

Does anyone know how to do this, please? Any configuration file anywhere?

Also, how can I make it show my current framerate?

I'd like to know this as well. Or is there an option anywhere that controls scroll speed? Didnt see one in the options.

TIA
    olaf

Comment

Sorry... no answer... just another voice asking this. :-)

Comment

Its been 2 1/2 years since these questions - doesn't Firaxis bother with this forum? - I'd like to disable scrolling as well - go to an Advisor Button & head North East! Must be a bug...

Comment

click on the minimap to move over to that area of the map.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
            click on the minimap to move over to that area of the map.
            Insert Perophetic sound here...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Branded since birth he roams among you to swine as much as possible...
            Go Figure!

Comment

Sad thing is I was using that method of moving the screen around before CIV was even released in the beta test; I never saw this thread because when it was posted I was in the middle of Wales doing an A level biology field trip. It's a pity I hadn't seen it sooner, I could of saved you all so much time...
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Also what the hell does perophetic mean? Is it a typo of prophetic or something?

Comment

"Smooth scrolling" is a pain. Yes one can use the minimap, but that does work only so well. If I am in the city screen I want to disable the animation that the camera smoothly changes angles to 90 degrees on top of the city, that is one "smooth" thing that I would rather happen instantaneously. Another thing, if I scroll between the cities by saying next/previous city, the camera does a fast smooth scroll that can take some time. Cycling trough the units does the same thing (at least when the units are close to each other). All of this takes unnecessary amount of time and contributes to the memory leak that gradually kills the speed of the game (and I have to save and reload the game).

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                    Also what the hell does perophetic mean? Is it a typo of prophetic or something?

A spelling error.
                    Branded since birth he roams among you to swine as much as possible...
                    Go Figure!

Comment

Working...
                    X