Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical Bugs NVidia 5700

Hello,

Just a report on current state of graphics in Civ IV, many bugs.
    My machine:
    AMD 64 3000+
    GE FX 5700 256 meg.
    1GB DDR
    W2K
    Drivers all latest, tried going back to NVidia 61.76 also since that one always seemed stable.

BUGS:
    Game will always CTD. I have gotten it to about 90 minutes before bombing by using suggestions in other threads: lower graphics to medium, no movies, no effects, etc. It helps for sure, used to CTD within 30 minutes.
    Sometimes 'Cheshire cat' heads, sometimes not. 50-50 here whether you will see the head.
    Units invisible quite alot. Vanish after fights, after movement, etc. Circle under unit or bar shows though.
    City label text disappears. Happens alot also, moving around usually fixes this. Ending turn sometimes fixes it also.
    Cities vanish, can see the units on screen fortified in city, just no city, sometimes labels vanish completly also.
    Foriegn advisor screen does not clear when cycle through Resources,Techs etc so it become a jumbled mess.
    Wonder movies are hit and miss whien turned on, sometimes work, sometimes not, even the same movie!
    Many graphical glitches, strange transparent boxes appearing, parts of map being covered in white, blue, black, strange diagonal lines etc.
    The final one, which has made me stop playing until some sort of stabilty/graphics patch comes out is: I attacked a french unit with one of mine and BLUE SCREENED! I have not seen one of those in ages, the dump pointed to the vid drivers. That makes the game dangerous in my opinion.

Note that these bugs get worse over time, sometimes I can play many turns and see no problems, then they bigin to creep in.

ap

One of my machines has a FX 5700, and I've also experienced a ton of CTD, but none of the other problems. When I went through the tutorial I had no trouble, it was only when I played an actual game that the CTD started to happen.
    I'm not even supposed to be HERE today!!!

Comment

Interestingly I found the 61.76 drivers to be a bit better than the latest ones (81.85). At least CTDs are more infrequent. Using the latest drivers I cannot last more than 10 minutes! I think perhaps best to shelf Civ for a bit until perhaps a fix. I will play a less graphically intensive game like AOE3

ap

Comment

Working...
      X