Solution for the gamespeed problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for the gamespeed problem

I have just made a mod - "True Epic Games" - for civ IV solving the GameSpeed Problems; ie. when "normal" game is too fast, and "Epic" games slows down other things than tech.

With my mod loaded one can do this:

* Select a new map size - GIGANTIC, which is 2.25 times as large as Huge
    * Select which science rate there should be (instead of gamespeed); all options are based on the normal speed but with different science costs. Play with 150%, 200% or 250% science cost.
    * Play longer! The game now lasts 760 turns.

The mod can be found here:

You're the first modder, I suppose...
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Interesting, I will check it out
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

The game speed is not a problem. It's an option. Problem implies a bug, which this isn't.

Comment

The problem is not with the game per se, but with its options. Normal and epic has both some bad side effects; my mod tries to fix this "problem" with new options..

Comment

I am going to fire up the mod post haste! I agree with those that think the techs hit way too fast. One of the appeals of Civ is having an indepth experience...the new game feels like your being rushed thru the Halls of History..."hurry on ! Nothing to see here!" I hope your mod fixes that...It is really the only solid complaint i have yet (besides the slack Zoom feature...i pictured a much longer Zoom).

but we gotta fix this Game Tempo thang! Thanks for the mod

Comment

Great. I’ll give it a spin once I play a few more times at regular speed. In another thread, I was just agreeing with someone that a mod adjusting game speed like this would be nice.
              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Working...
              X