Space between civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space between civs

Is there any way to make it so that when you start, not all other civs settle down in the immideate vicinity of you aswell? I finally got the game today, and when I play it I encounter like 9 civs in the first 30-40 minutes and they are right on top of me on every sides. I restardet quite a few times thinking it was merely bad luck. But still, the all settle down very close. Anyone?

You could try lowering the number of civs you play against, and increasing the size of the world. That should give you more lebensraum.

Comment

Well the world size is et on Huge, as I like it. And civs are set on 9. I tried one with Huge + 4 civs, and still they setteled right on top of me. So it "seems" coded, or I am just plain unlcky I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Gully Foyle
        You could try lowering the number of civs you play against, and increasing the size of the world. That should give you more lebensraum.
        lebensraum is meant to be taken at the expense of others! He should CONQUER them all.

Comment

Originally posted by markusw7

lebensraum is meant to be taken at the expense of others! He should CONQUER them all.
          That, of course, is always an option.

Comment

I'm playing with 10 peeps on a huge map. It's around 40 AD and I found 9 peeps but only three other area's of the AI. The rest I haven't found yet and I do explore a lot. Also I don't feel they are close at all.

Comment

In Civ 3 with its mod program, you could set the minimum tiles of distance between civs at the start of a game.

I would think you can do the same with Civ 4's more powerful, sophisticated mod program.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Are you set on "terra"? If you do so all of the civs will be on one continent and there will be another empty continent somewhere on the map.

Comment

Working...
                X