This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-programmer comments: Civil War & Partisans:

I think Civil War (or revolution depending on the victor) option is reasonable (can always leave a preference on/off button and separate into non-resident code when unused), but why not expand the concept and integrate into multiple facets of gameplay, what one might call "sub-cvilization". A sub-civilization would arise from one of the 18 major civilizations through (unasked for) civil war or (chosen) colonization. The sub-cvilization would have a great person to head it up and in fact could not occur without one (that would be something else like mob riot, chaos or just anarchy). A sub-civilization would have the advantage of a new geo-political center of inluence, which would enable it to develop more quickly, especially if it is far away from it's mother country's palaces and be a new and unique entity which could not as easily be second-guessed as the main 18 leaders. Inversely, a sub-civilization could merge with another major or sub-cvilization to form a larger and hopefully, but not necessarily, more powerful and influential entity. The merged civilization may keep (voluntary joining) or have discarded (hostile takeover)their new and additional palaces. I believe this feature livens up middle and end-game play by keeping the outcome less predictable and allows for an underdog victory. This feature might be very desirable in epic mode with huge maps, however I am getting my inspiration mostly from CIV III and just got CIV IV last night and have only just read the new rule book.
    Last edited by jerseydevil; October 28, 2005, 20:27.

This topic is already under disussion...

We already have a thread started regarding civil wars. It can be found here:

http://apolyton.net/forums//showthre...hreadid=139966

Are you looking for a different discussion? I'm curious because your thread title seems to be derived from the above thread.
    "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

oops, fat-fingered button - should have hit "post reply", never did this kind of thing before.

Comment

Originally posted by jerseydevil
        oops, fat-fingered button - should have hit "post reply", never did this kind of thing before.

That's ok You should go ahead repost this in the original thread.

MarkG...can you close this thread to avoid confusion?

Thanks
        - F
        "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

Originally posted by fezick31

That's ok You should go ahead repost this in the original thread.

MarkG...can you close this thread to avoid confusion?

Thanks
          - F
          Hopefully I'll do.

---------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
          X