Upgrades and Stacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades and Stacks

1) Is there a way to upgrade units? I haven't found a way yet, and a quick browse of the Civilopedia (why isn't there a search function!?!?) and the game manual yielded nothing. If there is no way to upgrade, then...

1a) Anyone have any tips on maintaining a modern military? In Civ III I would rely heavily on upgrading.

2) Any concept of unit stacking?

Answer 1: Click the stack (or city) (or stack of one) that holds the unit. Then select the single unit icon from the row just above the interface. Then in the interface are the action buttons for the unit. Mouseover them, and if available... second to last on the left is the upgrade icon, showing an image of the unit you are upgrading to.

Also - FYI - The upgrading can skip untis you do not have the resource for. (My current game I have no iron, but I can upgrade past the iron requirement units to the modern stuff for LOTS of cash all at once... no layaway program here)

Hope this helps
    --------------------------
    Backpack
    ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Good info.

Thanks
      Lost sinse civilization 1.

Comment

Originally posted by kwpulliam1973
        Answer 1: Click the stack (or city) (or stack of one) that holds the unit. Then select the single unit icon from the row just above the interface. Then in the interface are the action buttons for the unit. Mouseover them, and if available... second to last on the left is the upgrade icon, showing an image of the unit you are upgrading to.

Hope this helps
        --------------------------
        Backpack
        Is there a way to mass upgrade units? I mean, I have about 20 towns, I don't want to cycle trough cities to upgrade each units one by one ... In Civ III, you could see all your military units in a single page, sorted by towns, and right-click on them to upgrade, is there a way to achieve this now, if not, upgrading units will be a time-consuming mess at the near-end.
        ----------------
        CravenA

Comment

Hold alt, click on the picture of the upgrade you want, and all units of that type will be upgraded (if you have the cash.)
          Friedrich Psitalon
          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Working...
          X