Well, got my ass handed to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, got my ass handed to me...

That stinking Musa Masa guy launched a rocket into outer space!

Played my first game after the tue on Prince level. The world was very stable politically which made tech advance a little slower than in reality. As all 7 civs were inthe game. Made friends with my neighbors (egypt) early off, but then thinking back that might have been a mistake since I could have kicked her butt and taken all that land. Not sure exactly why I was so behind (4th place) but will figure itout.

I was rated DAN QUAYLE at the end... pitiful.

Had one war with China but couldn't get anywhere really... never managed my units quite right. There's a whole lot more under the hood to this game.

Came 75 votes from winning UN victory... GR! But I'd made 2 enemies who wouldn't take ALL my techs as bribes as enough peace building to vote for me...

My first game went better (played on noble)

ALthough i didn't win either

One turn after i built the UN, russia won the space race. And to add to the disgrace, i lost the UN vote by 30 votes.

I would of won the Score victory easily in 30 more turns... alas that didn't happen though :0

History will remember me as the third from the bottom

Comment

My first game ended like dearmad's. Except I was playing Masa Musa.

It was only on Chieftain though. I wanted to give myself an easy game to learn the interface / religion stuff. Glad I did too, because I was doing religion all wrong for the first few millenia. By the time I figured out that a single city could have 7 religions I was well on my way to researching Scientific Method and obsoleting Monasteries for my 2 non-state religions.

I got rated at "Winston Churchill". I'd like to thank my excellent starting position and the free Nomadic Settler for my victory. Between my first three cities, I was able to block off 1/4 of my continent from my enemies, allowing me to build 8 more cities at my leisure.

Comment

Dan Quayle is back?
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yep. The AI will concentrate on the space race now, and can't always be bought at the UN.

CIV 4: Evolve, or die!
          Friedrich Psitalon
          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            Dan Quayle is back?
            Ya, its pretty hilarious, at the end if you are the very bottom of the points scale you are a leader like Dan Quayle.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Fried-Psitalon
              Yep. The AI will concentrate on the space race now, and can't always be bought at the UN.

CIV 4: Evolve, or die!
              Assimilation is inevitable.

Resistance is futile.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
              X