What does the military advisor do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the military advisor do?

All I see is a list of my units, which isn't particularly useful. There are clickable icons on the top of the advisor panel, but selecting or deselecting them does nothing. There's a visible minimap of the world, but there's nothing marked or visible on it.

Am I missing something, or is my display corrupted, or is the advisor just really useless?

I was trying to figure out my relative strength to pick an easy target for warmongering, but that doesn't seem to be possible

(which reminds me of another gripe, I can't access the relations advisor while someone has contacted me diplomatically with a demand or request, which sucks if I want to know who they are friendly or unfriendly with)

The only thing I've found the Mil advisor doing for me is letting me know where all units of a type are (including if the head button is selected, the units of the AI's that I can 'see').

No selection of the units.
    No activation of the units.
    No - Upgrade Available- Icon
    Nuttin.

Backpack
    ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Yup... he's pretty useless this time around. Wish i'd had the CIv3 mil adviser.

Comment

Sounds like another rough edge that got left with the early ship date. Ah well, what are patches for
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Yeah, I hope they include, at the very least, an upgrade capability, so I can have one place to go to look and see if I've got any 20th century warriors kicking around in Timbuktu somewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X