Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a short list of proven vid cards that DO work?!?!?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro and the game is constantly crashing to the desktop or rebooting for me.... I don't think it is any particular hardware that causes this problem.

3Ghz P4
    1 GB RAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro (Just updated drivers as of today, no help)
    Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card
    Asus P4C800-E motherboard
    XP Pro w/ SP2

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      No guarantee? What machines do all those reviewers have?
      I wish I knew. How all the reviewers out there could miss the number of issues with this game is beyond me.

Its not just ATI cards, I have GeForce 6800 and have numerous CTDs.

Comment

I thought this was supposed to be short?

ATI 9600XT - VIO
        Performance good, crashes to desktop randomly

Comment

A number of the crash-to-desktop errors may actually be caused by audio issues instead of video. I know I got this quite a bit when Neverwinter Nights came out a few years ago...

Something else to try for those getting CTD errors:

Start|Run|dxdiag (enter)
          Click on the Sound tab and try setting the Sound Acceleration Level to "Standard Acceleration" or "Basic Acceleration." I keep mine at Basic, now, and have no issues.

Comment

How do I find out what my vid card is?

I'm using XP.

Comment

probably the fastest way is to right click on the desktop and click properties. then click the settings tab.

it should say what the display is.
              While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Okay, so apparently its an "Intel(R) 82845G GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller"

Edit: Oh, and mine does'nt work....Well, maybe it does, maybe it doesnt....I don't know wether blackmap or cheshireleader is caused by the vidcard or something else entirely...

Comment

Nvidia GeForce FX 5900

Works like a charm!

Comment

GForce4, 440 Go with 32MB of video RAM, driver version: 60.60. Works fine, a bit slow though!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman
                      Okay, so apparently its an "Intel(R) 82845G GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller"

Edit: Oh, and mine does'nt work....Well, maybe it does, maybe it doesnt....I don't know wether blackmap or cheshireleader is caused by the vidcard or something else entirely...
                      That's integerated, I'm going to assume that it probabally won't work on it, as it seems you need a video card to run the game.

Comment

Originally posted by noptov52

I wish I knew. How all the reviewers out there could miss the number of issues with this game is beyond me.

Its not just ATI cards, I have GeForce 6800 and have numerous CTDs.
                        I have a GeForce 6800 and the game runs flawlessly. Not a single crash. Perhaps your pc has other conflicts.

Comment

The game seems to be using a lot of virtual memory (577mB Peak) so I think it needs a patch as it slows down, and I am only in the year 2760B.C. or so on a standard map (terra) with only 5 or so other Civs.

So, I think it is slowing down because of a memory leak or something because it starts getting flaky.

Or Sid's head would look good on the end of a pole.
                          Only if we find you useful to us before we sweep you under our feet.

May you live long and prosper!
                          Then it is peace!

FX 5200 with 128mB of memory and 512mB in computer, but game starts slowing down!

And have to give the path for a scout to move three times before the game receives it!

The game just gets very laggy!

Comment

Originally posted by arboris
                            Nvidia GeForce FX 5900

Works like a charm!
                            Snap - apart from stuttering wonder movies. Which is a minor problem in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal
                              GForce4, 440 Go with 32MB of video RAM, driver version: 60.60. Works fine, a bit slow though!
                              Same setup, though my driver is 77.58, and it runs pretty smoothly.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X