Sound issues: Neverending Ambient Loops & Overlapping Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound issues: Neverending Ambient Loops & Overlapping Music

After playing the game a while the music will start to overlap itself. As an example, youwill hear Christian Church music and your racial music playing over eachother at the same time, which sounds very messy.

Another problem is that certain ambient sound loops (like the running water/stream loop) just go on and on and on and on and really start to grate on the nerves.

I have tried muting both of these fomr the audio options, I also lowered their volume down to zero, in addition to clicking Mute, but they never stop.

I really dont want to play without sound, but they won't shut up.

Is this a known issue?

My system specs:
    Intel 2.8 GHZ
    Intel Mobo w/ Onboard SoundMAX sound
    Raedon 9800
    1gig ram

I can post my dxdiag if needed.

Hmmmmmm - I'm having oodles of problems, and now that i think about it, I did notice some stuttering in game soundwise, but the video was more pressing.

I have an intel Mobo with soundmax chip onboard too.

Maybe it's time to put in a real soundcard....

possibilities...

---------------------------------

Backpack
    ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

I had a Soundblaster Live in the garage I salvaged several month back.

I'm gonna install it and see if that makes the opening video sound stutter (and possibly ingame ) go away.

--------------------
      Backpack

Comment

Installed the new Sound Card - No Joy - Nothing was fixed by moving to the SB Live, away from the SoundMax

Comment

Working...
        X