New Problem: Not Loading Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Problem: Not Loading Engine

Well, last night, I got the game... Finally.... But then I kept getting that Render problem. Got that fixed today, now when I try to load it, it stops at "Init Engine, then just dies out. Can anyone help out here please? I got the newest version of the ATI drivers too....

Ati Radeon 9600 XT 256MB
    1gig Ram
    2.0GHz proc.

Thanks everyone

I guess noone really had this problem to help? I mean this is strange cause it gets to that part then just stops. crazy....

Comment

For those who apply the patch and now suffer a CTD after the load screen, I had that problem and solved it.

The patch simply caused it to get by the init but go straight to crashing to the desktop. So I actually took my graphics card out of the machine, swapping it with an old crappy card. After trying that card (didn't meet requirements - black land, Cheshire cat issues) I swapped in the new card, refreshed everything, reinstalled the game, applied the patch, and it works fine. Note that I have an ATI Radeon 9550 256.

So I suggest actually removing your graphics card from your system - deinstall it in Hardware Manager and if you can get a hold of another card, run your computer with that. Then reinstall entirely. Solver suspects, and I concur, that a new detection of the card may solve this new problem.

Comment

ok i am haveing the same problem but i dont have a onboard video card ive uninstalled and reinstalled my video card got the most current video crivers it all fails
        i was geting the render error i unpaked that file and now i got this problem hers my specs
        Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
        System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
        Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
        Memory: 1024MB RAM
        Page File: 185MB used, 2275MB available
        DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
        DX Setup Parameters: Not found
        DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
        SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS 256mb
        ajnything so i can play this game would be nice thx
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X