dual monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual monitors?

I read somewhere in a preview that Civ IV would have support for dual monitors, but I cannot find anything about it either in the manual or the game options. Has anyone found anything out about dual monitor support?
    Thanks

Officially it's not supported but it works. You can set it in the INI file. Just resize the resolution to meet your total screen surface. If you want details you'll have to bump this in a few days, our resident expert on the matter is out of town at the moment
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the responce. I'll try this and post again or bumb later

Comment

I've got an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, and an old NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/400, and the dual monitors in the game wouldn't work. It just defaulted back to the normal 1280x1024.

I suspect it will only work when you've got 2 monitors running off of the same card, but that's just my theory.
        "I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it."
        - Rogers Hornsby

Comment

SectionB - Will the game run in a single monitor connected to the GeForce2? That card might not be up to the task

----------------------
          Backpack
          ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

I've got a Radeon 9700 w/two monitors hooked to it. I tried changing the resolution to 2048x768 in the .ini file, but it just caused a render initialization error on boot. Too bad... maybe something for a patch? Certainly not a dealbreaker, but it would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by kwpulliam1973
              SectionB - Will the game run in a single monitor connected to the GeForce2? That card might not be up to the task

----------------------
              Backpack
              I doubt the GeForce 2 will cut it, you can't turn off the little animations. You could probably pick up a GeForce 5 for about £35 though, which i'd guess would cut the game without too much problem. Can anyone advance on this?
              "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by kwpulliam1973
                Works fine for me
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I have a Nvidia 6600GT with dual head (one via XGA, other via DVI output) and I was unable to get the game to span both monitors. From what I read, you need to set the game to 'windowed' and then double the width in the .ini file. I was simply unable to get this to work. I wonder what I did wrong?

(Btw I can drag the windowed game over to my second monitor and it's fine, I just can't seem to make the window large enough to cover both monitors).

Comment

Working...
                  X