Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Problem - OpenVxDHandle

Hi guys,

I see that everyone seems to be getting their rendering problem fixed. That's a wonderful development; however, in all of my messing around with trying to fix my rendering problem, I've now got this error when I try to start the program.

"The procedure entry point OpenVxDHandle could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNAL32.dll."

I've done 4 reinstalls and get some new error each time. I can't even get to the rendering problem anymore to see if the fix will help.

Could someone please help me? I'm dying to play this and I've spent 6 hours now trying to fix it.

Thanks so much.

Operating system?

What did you reinstall? Civ4? Try reinstalling DirectX, if you haven't.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yes, I reinstalled DirectX. I have Win2k. thnx!

Comment

KERNAL32? It didn't actually say KERNAL32, did it?

What version of windows (95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, etc) are you using?

Edit: Nevermind, you answered my question before I hit post. Hm.

If it really does say KERNAL32 (rather than KERNEL32) then something is terribly wrong somewhere.
        "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Win2K.

Yes, there appears to be something wrong with my 32nd KERNAL.

Comment

KERNAL32.DLL errors are not the ones you want to see.

Do you have restore point you can go back to?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Sod Win2K and upgrade to XP . Do you have the latest Win2K service pack?

I Googled around and this seems to be a rare and obscure bug. A system reformat would probably fix it, but that's rather time-consuming.

Comment

"A system reformat would probably fix it"

Oh good gosh. Please nooooooooooo!!!!!!

Maybe just a simple "Windows Repair" might fix it?

Comment

Try that first, of course . Anything's better than a reformat.

Comment

Man, I should have just left all of that stuff alone until they came out with a definate rendering fix - like the one they seem to have now yet I seem to have really screwed up my system in the process.

Comment

Use System Restore (Er, it is included in win2k, isn't it?) to just go back to before you installed Civ IV, and hopefully it should undo whatever you screwed up - if it was your fault, anyways.
                      "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

I still can't get Civ to run. I've spent my entire vacation day (8 hrs) trying to get this to run. It's futile. I give up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                        X